[PLUG] Vulgarity: Was: Steve Duin's column of 5/21/02

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri May 31 00:33:35 UTC 2002

This makes my point from a few months back regarding professionalism and
how the "linux" crowd is perceived. At the time I was publicly pummeled by
several on this list for "stepping on their free speech". Maybe so, but
folks won't hire you if you insist on spouting vulgarities at every turn.

On top of that, this list is archived in public. What or how you say things
today may come back to haunt you tomorrow.

At 05:27 PM 5/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>It was as much about the time spent tossing
>the 'insults' back and forth as it was the use of the language.
>         I think it was a shock to her.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.
         - Voltaire