[PLUG] RedHat Update mirrors

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Fri May 31 03:20:15 UTC 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Don Buchholz wrote:

> Hmmm, so how'd you manage it? <grin>

Same as always: while (1) { code; test; debug; }

:-)

Seriously, I just poked at likely candidate sites individually looking
for paths -- which I've hard-coded into my redhat-mirror.sh script.
When the quick candidates start to feel slow, I just poke some more.

> BTW, I manually tried (with FTP) other mirror sites (e.g.
> limestone.uoregon.edu).  They all look nearly a week out of date ...
>
> Is RedHat trying to promote RHN and software subsriptions as the
> only forms of timely update retrieval?

*shrug* Anybody got Bob Young's e-mail address? :-)

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>