[PLUG] RE: Steve Duin's column of 5/21/02

Preston Crawford prestonc at crawfordsolutions.com
Fri May 31 05:01:17 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 16:49, mashanti at voaor.org wrote:
> I invited my administrator to learn more about Linux and the Open Source
> environment by reading the posts to this list.  While I knew that much of
> what would be read would be beyond her knowledge, I wanted her to
> recognize the level of support/expertise that is available and would
> hopefully encourage our agency to take a serious look at an alternative
> system.

You haven't been around Linux long enough, apparantly, if you think this
is a good idea in the first place. Any process that is democratic and
open is bound to have warts and outbursts like this. It shouldn't color
the good or take away from the overall outcome and what benefits it
offers. If it does, then maybe you just chose the wrong way to present
the Linux community.

Preston