[PLUG] Vulgarity: Was: Steve Duin's column of 5/21/02

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri May 31 05:17:09 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Carla" == Carla Schroder <pluglist at bratgrrl.com> writes:

Carla> Exactly right. Notice how the loudest cries for "free speech"
Carla> come from the obnoxious ones. Never about using that freedom to
Carla> behave in a civil manner.

That's pretty much a tautology.  You don't _need_ "freedom" to say the
socially conforming thing.  You only need it when you want to violate
conformity.  If you aren't free to be non-conforming, then you aren't
free.

For myself, I want people to be free, and I find that I can live with
a little "color" in the language people use.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible