Introducing Plug while at work - was [PLUG] Vulgarity

mashanti at voaor.org mashanti at voaor.org
Fri May 31 18:18:01 UTC 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002, guy1656 wrote:

> How about this:
>
> This list and its current sub-faction lists arte fine and work fine.
>
> If you're in the situation of introducing Linux to a new and possibly
> interested party, why not condition that person's expectations first?

	Thanks for the sample text.  I wish that I would have
thought to preface my comments to my adminstrator in the manner
you have suggested. Once things settle a bit I will have another
conversation that includes the selling points related to Linux as opposed
to using the mailing list as an example of the collegial support and
assistance that is available.
	If I would have exercised more thought and careful consideration
I could have prevented her shock as well as the resulting posts to the
list.  Thanks to all who have offered suggestions and been understanding
about the position that I admittedly brought upon myself.

malaika