[PLUG] OK I'm Dead Now........

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Nov 1 21:51:53 UTC 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Nordlund, Brian wrote:

>I rebooted without network support and vi'ed S10network to remove the line
>"insmod 8390" (but I left the blank line).  I also edited out the
>etc/modules file back to being empty, however I wonder if it really is
>empty, since it probably now contains an EOF so it probably is now size 1
>instead of 0 like it was (maybe it is not supposed to be a text file?).
>Any thoughts?

Hey Brian,

You should be able to add this line to /etc/modules.conf

	alias eth0 ne2k-pci

and that should be it. When you restart the network (reboot or run
/sbin/service network restart), it should automagically load the
8390 & ne2k-pci modules.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can force it by adding a couple lines
to rc.local. I'm not sure exactly where rc.local is on Mandrake 7.2,
probably /etc/rc.local or /etc/rc.d/rc.local

	/sbin/insmod 8390
	/sbin/insmod ne2k-pci

-Eric