[PLUG] Pine Question...

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Mon Nov 4 18:13:12 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, scott alban wrote:

> I am trying to get my attbi mail account to point to either Pine or
> Sendmail. Can anyone explain what I need to do here. Considering
> that I am a fairly new Linux user, Pine would be preferred, but any
> help would be appreciated (And samples of configuration files and
> such would be great too).

I use a pine/fetchmail combo to retrieve and read my attbi.com mail.
In ~/.fetchmailrc, I've got

poll mail.attbi.com proto pop3
        user "heinlein", with password "SeCrEt", is "heinlein" here,
        ssl,
        sslfingerprint "1D:E5:D5:34:FE:9C:B0:00:9C:5E:12:0F:79:0E:34:7D"

In ~/.pinerc, I've defined a role for my attbi.com account:

patterns-roles=LIT:pattern="/NICK=home/FLDTYPE=EMAIL"
  action="/ROLE=1/FROM=Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>/
  LSIG=--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>\\n/RTYPE=YES/
  FTYPE=YES/CTYPE=YES"

This is all on one line in .pinerc; I've broken it over multiple lines
for the sake of readability. You probably ought to create yours using
Main -> Setup -> Rules -> Roles.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>