[PLUG] Domain Register

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 4 19:47:57 UTC 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Prutzer techmage-at-aracnet.com |PDX Linux| wrote:

> On 03 Nov 2002 19:25:54 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >I need to register my domain..
> >
> >Is there one place better then the others???

Short version: yes. ;-)

> About a year ago I took Carla's s suggestion and went with Dotster.com
> Not to expensive and they're local

I've used them as well and they're good, but bare-bones.  You'll need to
find someone to actually host your DNS entries.  I like zoneedit since
they're free.  Set your support expectations accordingly.

I have had horrible luck with register.com.  It was so bad that I couldn't
even pay them to renew my domains.  You'd think this would be one thing a
company would like to get right.  But they didn't.

  -- Steve