[PLUG] Java plug-in and Mozilla 1.1

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Nov 5 04:22:17 UTC 2002

* Chris Emery <deathfox at moochercrew.org> [2002-11-04 20:09]:
> Here's an odd question for you.  Are you running Gentoo 1.4?  Or any
> other system compiled on gcc3.2?  All the java's I've seen compiled were
> compiled using gcc2.95, and since java uses C++ and bianary
> incompatabilitys abound...Well, you see what I'm talking about I hope.

That it might... I have Mandrake Linux, and gcc reports 3.2...

> Anyways, this might explain it.
> Also, you might want to start up using galeon, on the command line, as
> it gives slightly more verbose info about plugin loading, Mozilla trys
> to hide problems...

Hmm, I don't have galeon.. Something about requiring kde or gnome... I
don't have either of those.

Thanks for the pointer... I wonder if there's a solution.. Does anyone
make a static linked java?

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Random thought #16 (Collect all 18)
"It is often easier to fight for principles than to live up to them." - Adlai Stevenson