[PLUG] Tips on upgrading a Yopy 1000 Linux palmtop?

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 07:40:42 UTC 2002

Anybody here got any tips on upgrading a Yopy 1000 Linux palmtop? I'm
trying to help out a friend, but I'm having a heck of a time getting
into the boot mode so I can flash it with a custom image. Following
the docs is not working for me. Supposedly you attach a serial
console, and reboot while holding down a key to get into the custom
bootloader prompt, but no luck. Sure is cool though, gotta be one of
the faster Linux boots I've ever seen. I'll bring it along to the
next PLUG if anyone wants to check it out.

This guy has some decent pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/taufiqrahman/yopy/index.htm

Thanks!

Sean Harbour