[PLUG] Samba question

Scott VanHoosen octopus024 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 02:14:47 UTC 2002

Derek,

My shares were created by modifying the defaults in smb.conf. I have
home directories only accessible by the user that owns it, and I have a
public "transfer" directory that is full read/write access by anyone
with a valid sambapasswd account.

-Scott

--- Derek Loree <derek at infotects.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Welcome to PLUG.
>
> This depends on how your shares are set up, user level or share
> level.
> Also, what do you mean by "full access".  Having a single user be
> able
> to read and write to his/her home directory is very different from
> any
> user being able to read and write to any other users home directory.

=====
-Scott

     o               http://vanhoosen.net
        ..                       octopus024 at yahoo.com
     ([:}p                     Come dive with me!