[PLUG] Dying Hard Drive

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Sat Nov 9 04:29:22 UTC 2002

Well...My computer is dying.  I'm blaming my hard drive, because I'm A)
getting seek errors on it and B) it's not always showing up on boot,
though my CDRom drive is (thus not an IDE problem).  Anyways, the
question is this; This is my second hard drive to die in the past year,
(This one wasn't a replacement, just a second drive), and I'm kinda
getting tired of it.  I was wondering if anybody knew of a company that
made nice long lasting hard drives.  Cost unfortunately is an issue, as
I'm a college student, I'm hoping for around a 40 gig hard drive that
will last a couple of years, for under $100 dollars.  Anybody know a
drive that fits this bill?

I'll detail my Harddrive problems if anybody cares, but I doubt there is
much I can do to save this one, even though it's only 2 years old.

Thank you
Chris