[PLUG] Dying Hard Drive

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Sat Nov 9 20:20:02 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 02:43, alan wrote:
> Before you totally blame the hard drive...
>
> Make sure the drive is completly plugged in.  Sometimes if the cable has
> any tention on it, it will pull loose.  It is possible for the cable to
> "sometimes" work in state.  Try unplugging the cable and reseating it and
> see if that makes a difference.

Unpluged the cable, pluged it back in, switch cables with my CDRom
Drive, Switched chaneles with my CDRom Drive.  All of these were a no
go, untill my computer cooled down.  I Put a fan infront of my HD and it
hasn't Died on me, but I'm still getting weird things happening, like my
Window Manager dying (swap area is flakey I'm guessing), and long access
times (such as vim takeing a minuit to open a file, with constant HD
access).  Like I said, I have a couple of reasons to blame the drive,
and not the other parts

Chris