[PLUG] Strange Hardware/CD-ROM problem

AthlonRob athlonrob at data.4t3.com
Mon Nov 11 00:41:15 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 16:36, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> The symptoms you describe are typical for cd-r drive failures. They tend to get
> more and more flaky until they just won;t read their own stuff any more.

Well, that is a major bummer.  The drive is about two months old, or so,
and has been working flawlessly until around the time I installed this
DVD drive.  And I'd be looking at two weeks turnaround to get a
replacement.  :-(

I think I'm going to try shutting down, unpluggnig the DVD drive, and
seeing what happens later tonight - but I *hate* shutting down the
system.  :-\

Thanks for the info, though.....

Rob