[PLUG] xfree86 and 2 video cards

AthlonRob athlonrob at data.4t3.com
Mon Nov 11 05:50:15 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 21:38, Robby Russell wrote:

> Any thoughts as to how we should go about resolving this issue?

Disable the onboard video in the BIOS.

I'm shocked Windows is working - it should be trying to work as a
two-monitor system with the i810 (AGP) as the primary monitor and the
ATi (PCI) as the secondary monitor.

God only knows why Linux isn't working... but I wouldn't worry about it
until the i810 video is disabled in the BIOS.

I wonder if Mandrake is, for some strange reason, trying to use the ATi
drivers for the i810 video?  Or vice versa?  I dunno...

Rob