Mysql Startup Problem Re: [PLUG] (no subject)

Robby Russell matchboy at tearitalldown.com
Tue Nov 12 15:46:23 UTC 2002

When I try to do the following, I get the following:

[matchboy at dns root]$ safe_mysqld --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.pid &
[1] 4155
[matchboy at dns root]$ Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/var/lib/mysql
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld: line 229: /var/lib/mysql/dns.robbyrussell.com.err:
Permission denied
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld: line 235: /var/lib/mysql/dns.robbyrussell.com.err:
Permission denied
tee: /var/lib/mysql/dns.robbyrussell.com.err: Permission denied
021112 07:45:18  mysqld ended
tee: /var/lib/mysql/dns.robbyrussell.com.err: Permission denied

<?echo Robby Russell managed to take the time to type out the following: