[PLUG] RS232 wiring help

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Nov 12 23:59:59 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

Jeme> Hi.

Jeme> I've got to build a cable for pulling a serial console up on
Jeme> this old ethernet switch.

[...]

Jeme> I'd make a stab at it intuitively and see what happens, but I'd
Jeme> rather check with the old-school wiring experts I know sit on
Jeme> this list.

I don't have a good answer for you, but if you do fuck up, don't cut
off the DB9 end, cut off the RJ45, since it is pretty easy to crimp
another one.  If you don't have a crimper, let me know.

BTW, When is Leatherman going to integrate an RJ45 crimper.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more