[PLUG] RS232 wiring help

Don Buchholz don at truedisk.com
Wed Nov 13 00:01:20 UTC 2002

Jeme,

I think I'd start with this simple 2-wire config first,
how it works:

     TxD  <->  RxD
     RxD  <->  TxD

I know it's better to have the signal ground (GND) line,
but if it's not available ....
... another possibility is to solder the ground to metal
surround the end (perimeter) of the DB-9 connector ....

Just my $.02 -- I'm *not* a EE.

- Don