[PLUG] Streaming media in Linux?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Nov 13 22:13:47 UTC 2002

* Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg at pdxlinux.org> [2002-11-13 11:12]:
> On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 09:30, Russ Johnson wrote:
>
> > Then Jeme and/or Karl comes up with some way that it's our fault that we
> > don't have the forsight to be interested in learning to program or write
> > a make file.
>
> Why Everyone Should Learn to Program
>
> http://www.htdp.org/2002-09-22/Book/curriculum-Z-H-2.html#%_sec_Temp_5

There's a difference between learning to program, and learning to solve
problems.

I did, at one time, take a C++ class. Got an A in it. I can usually
decipher simple C and C++ code. I can write perl.

I shouldn't have to to install an application on my machine that's
supposedly of a quality level that it's beyond beta.

Maybe that's why so many project in the OSC have a revision level of <1.

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone -- Murphy's Laws on Sex n°48