[PLUG] PLUG-org - Call for attendance.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Nov 13 22:18:13 UTC 2002

* Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg at pdxlinux.org> [2002-11-13 11:09]:
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 22:57, Russell Evans wrote:
> > Is this anything someone who is not interested in change should watch? I don't
> > understand what a sub-group means as it pertains to PLUG. Is this sub-group
> > speaking for itself or is it assuming a voice for all the PLUG? If it is
> > speaking for itself why is it under the PLUG umbrella?
>
> It will be the official PLUG "government", and representative of all
> PLUG members.
>
> Please follow up on plug-org.

I prefer an open forum where the most "members" can see my objections.

1> What if I don't want "representation"?

2> Whom decided that we needed "representation"?

3> Does this mean that "membership" becomes more than, "if you say your
a member, your a member."?

4> Do you really want to "represent" a group that can have members
"because they say they are members"?

There are many other questions of why and what and how, but that's
enough for now.

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone -- Murphy's Laws on Sex n°48