[PLUG] Linux = Unix?

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Thu Nov 14 22:00:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 09:58, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> The freely available BSDs are also quite good although they don't
> necessarily have the level of hardware support Linux has. Many of the

When I ran BSD only, I though that Linux had better support for newer
hardward, soundcards and the like.  When I started running Linux I found
that was not universally true, that there was no way to predict which
had better support and it seemed that things were pretty equal.

as for the AT&T code being removed, I view that rather like a "seed"
crystal around which BSD grew, the fact that the original "seed" has
been replaced does not change the shape of the crystal :), but then
again, what is UNIX is a matter of opinion, in my opinion.

--
Brian Beattie            | Having had the honor of being selected
beattie at beattie-home.net | for a Resource Action by my former employer,
                         | it is my pleasure to announce my immediate
www.beattie-home.net     | availability, contract or permanent.
Embedded Systems, Linux/Unix internals Software Engineer