[PLUG] Linux = Unix?

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Nov 15 07:09:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 14:52, david wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2002 14:00:35 -0800
> Brian Beattie <beattie at beattie-home.net> wrote:
>

> > as for the AT&T code being removed, I view that rather like a "seed"
> > crystal around which BSD grew, the fact that the original "seed" has
> > been replaced does not change the shape of the crystal :), but then
> > again, what is UNIX is a matter of opinion, in my opinion.

yes, but that was after most of the "seed" had already been removed,
early BSD's were just a set of patches.  BSD 4.4 evolved slowly over the
years.

--
Brian Beattie            | Having had the honor of being selected
beattie at beattie-home.net | for a Resource Action by my former employer,
                         | it is my pleasure to announce my immediate
www.beattie-home.net     | availability, contract or permanent.
Embedded Systems, Linux/Unix internals Software Engineer