ATX vs AT (was: [PLUG] Shutdown won't power down)

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Fri Nov 15 19:00:47 UTC 2002

I've got a system with an Asus SP97V mobo and it has both AT and ATX
power supply connectors on the board. It does have a AT style keyboard
connector but it did come with a PS/2 style connector for converting
one of the onboard serial ports to a PS/2 connector.

A little strange to say the least and I've always used an AT power
supply on the thing even when replacing the old power supply with a new
one. I was surprised to find I could still find new AT power supplies.
I don't know how I could use an ATX power supply on the thing unless
those power supplies fit in an PC/AT case. More importantly...without a
PS/2 style keyboard connector and, DB25 and DB9 connectors mounted on
the back of the board I don't see how I can put this mobo into an ATX
case.

Tony