[PLUG] Any Scsi Experts?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sun Nov 17 00:10:24 UTC 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Prutzer wrote:

> Hi All,
> I've got a problem with some scsi drives.
> They don't seemingly want to format and now I can't get them to be
> recognized by DOS  enough to run a fdisk or format on them from DOS
> I was attempting to format from the SCSI utility in the SCSI
> controller and they just hung. I have three drives that are this way.
> Any help?

Suddenly not working or from the beginning?  I'm not an expert but I've
made my share of mistakes and then figured them out - or had someone slap
me up-along the back of the head ...

Do you have them all at separate device numbers?  Is there termination on
the SCSI chain?  Are the cables well seated?  Can you start with one
connected and get it to work?
   And then so we can pick the right nits.  What SCSI controller card are
you using and what types/models/makes of drives?

Rod