[PLUG] Wireless D-link PCI card

Russell Evans revans at e-z.net
Sun Nov 17 01:46:54 UTC 2002

Does yast2 see the card and only the wireless setting are not available? If so,
setup the card in yast2, `yast2 lan`. This should leave a ifcfg-ethX file in
the /etc/sysconfig/network directory.

Open the ifcfg-ethX in an editor and add  WIRELESS='yes'  or
echo WIRELESS='yes' >> /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ethX.

Start yast2 lan again and choose edit. Choose ethX and the options for wireless
should now be avialable for you to setup.

You will need to have the wireless tools, pcmcia, and wlan-ng rpms installed.

If `yast2 lan` does not see the card at the command prompt

modprobe prism2_pci
#see if yast2 lan sees the card, do the above
rmmod prism2_pci
modprobe prism2_plx
#see if yast2sees the card, do the above
rmmod prism2_plx

modprobe orinoco_pci
#see if yast2 lan sees the card, do the above
rmmod orinoco_pci
modprobe orinoco_plx
#see if yast2 lan sees the card, do the above

Thank you
Russell