[PLUG] Evolution 1.2

AthlonRob AthlonRob at data.lm.ro
Sun Nov 17 18:37:08 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 03:15, Brent Rieck wrote:

> I've not noticed this - do you mean on the "Shortcut" bar or in the
> "Folders" bar?  Shortcuts in the shortcut bar have never shown
> new/unread/read message counters for me, but the folder list does.  You
> did mentioned that you stuff your PLUG messages into a VFolder, which
> I've noticed "broken" behavior from (not updating sometimes as new mail
> flows in).  I filter my incoming mail into mailboxes organized into
> folders and subfolders and haven't noticed new message counts being off.
>
> I've never really used VFolders except as a way to search across
> mailboxes and to have persistent searches in place - do the messages get
> hidden from your Inbox?

VFolders work by taking a filter rule and applying it to whatever
folders you want, then take the matching emails and put them in the
VFolder, more or less.  The messages stay in your Inbox, too... and can
be in multiple VFolders if they match the criteria for them.

Yeah, I am speaking of the 'Shortcuts' bar and not the 'Folders' bar.  I
put all my VFolders in that and it looks pretty.  It has always (1.0.8
did) had the number of unread messages in parenthesis.

With 1.0.8, the 'Unmatched' VFolder - which catches everything not
matched by other VFolders... did not ever update as new mail came in
unless the folder was open.  This still seems to be the case with 1.2.0,
unfortunately.

Now, with 1.2.0, the 'Inbox' real folder in the Shortcuts bar is not
listing a number at all, ever.  It just says Inbox with no number beside
it.  Not a big deal, I guess.

Rob  <~~Off to recompile gtkhtml in hopes of getting his end key back

--
AthlonRob <AthlonRob at data.lm.ro>