[PLUG] Red Hate 8.0 Network Config

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Tue Nov 19 00:57:34 UTC 2002

I remembered to back up a lot of stuff before installing RH 8 on my
machine named nec, but I neglected to make copies of config files that
worked on RH 7, so I don't have those to refer to.

When I start httpd, other machines in the house can see the web site on
nec, and I can bring up the maintenance web page of my Netgear router by
typing in the address 192.168.0.1 in Mozilla on nec, so I know that the
eth0 is working. But I can't see anything other than local pages.

The Netgear documentation said to use 192.168.0.1 as the default gateway
address.

Suggestions on where to start looking will be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://rsteff.home.attbi.com/