[PLUG] RedHat Road Show 2002 Clinic

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Nov 19 01:14:00 UTC 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Kyle Accardi wrote:

>Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:
>> Here's some pictures of the clinic, yesterday.
>>
>> http://www.cadtocam.com/pictures/Plug%20Clinic/thumbnails/
>
>Anyone who was in attendance care to give a summary.  Any interesting
>material or was it just marketing?

Three events in all:

   * Friday night @ Bridgport: Pretty much like a typical post-PLUG meeting
          at the Lucky Lab, but with a dog-n-pony show in the middle.
          Imagine a PLUG meeting where we had beer before and after the
          presentation.

   * Saturday clinic at Riverdale: Pretty much like a regular clinic but
          with three times the normal crowd. The RH techs jumped in and
          helped with installations/debugging/general-geek-stuff and there
          was a seperate room setup for presentations (marketing stuff I
          would assume, but I spent the whole time doing geek-stuff).

   * Monday education round-table: Roughly 45-50 educators discussing how
          they are using Linux, why they are using Linux, what would it take
          for them to use more Linux, etc. Red Hat folks talked about what
          they are doing to help schools.

Also see:

    http://www.redhat.com/roadtour/journal/archives/111502.html
    http://www.redhat.com/roadtour/journal/archives/111602.html