[PLUG] Redhat 8.0 / Nvidia Drivers

Scott VanHoosen octopus024 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 03:55:27 UTC 2002

I tried your instructions, but it didn't work, as before. Here is what
I did:

rpm -ivh NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.src.rpm

This seemed to work, but complained about no "user buildmeister" or
"group buildmeister" so using root.

This file didn't appear to create an RPM, not one I could find anyhow.
It did create the following empty directory:

/var/tmp/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0/lib/modules/2.4.18-18.8.0/kernel/drivers/video

It also created this directory:

/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123

In it were no RPMs, just the following files:
makedevices.sh   nv_compiler.h  nv-misc.h       os-interface.h
Makefile         nv.h           nv_ref.h        os-registry.c
Module-nvkernel  nv-ids.h       nvtypes.h       README
nv.c             nv-linux.h     os-interface.c  rmretval.h

I tried running make, which did a bunch of stuff, with lots of
warnings, and ended with the following error:

make: *** [nv.o] Error 1

The README told me it should create NVDriver, but I could not find any
file by that name.

-Scott

=====
     o                            http://vanhoosen.net
        ..                       octopus024 at yahoo.com
     ([:}p                         Come dive with me!