[PLUG] regex help requested

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Nov 19 23:59:44 UTC 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Percival, Ray wrote:
> OK I am a full on misanthrope but how do you get class warfare out of
> that list? I block all of them because they are the source of a great
> deal of all spam. AOL, MSN, and Earthlink are by no means cheap.

Do you really think poor people always buy the cheapest thing?  Check out
the clothes the kids working at your local Taco Bell are wearing.

Consider that these are the largest ISPs and most people have them because
of some false economy from promotions (free 1025 hours, free with PC
purchase, etc.) or inundation through media combined with poor education
and a lack of access to the technical elite.

The perceived necessity of high cost goods and services is one of the
methods by which the poor are kept poor.

The vast majority of the people who use the services you block are poor.
The reasons WHY that is are actually irrelevant.  The point is that you
are primarily blocking poor people.

> I also block a *bunch* of other neblocks.

Right, like asia and africa where poor brown people live.

> So no I have nothing against poor people having been poor for more
> than a few years I know it sucks.

You know that it sucks to be poor, but that doesn't prove you have nothing
against them.  Hell, you openly state your contempt for all humanity (and
I'm not even going into the self-loathing aspect of misanthropy).

> Now if you want to get into a conversation about welfare I'd think we
> would have radically differing onions.

I can guess your view, certainly.  A misanthrope would have no interest at
all in improving the welfare of people.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin