[PLUG] regex help requested

Percival, Ray Ray.Percival at summit.fiserv.com
Wed Nov 20 00:16:50 UTC 2002

You may have a point about the AOL and MSN thing. I've never thought about that.
As for Asia I've lived there for at least 4 years since 1990 and my wife is Asian therefore making my children half-Asian. The reason I block Asia and Africa is simply because they have so many open relays and thus a large percentage of spam comes from those two places.

I have offered to help people I know there close these relays they simply are not interested. Leaving me with no choice but to block. Now there are clear reasons also why all of these things tend to generate spam. Let me just say this again. I block these things because that tends to be where spam comes from until your post I had never thought about the poor aspect. It is interesting but not really important to me.

As for welfare I'm all for improving the welfare of people because in the long run it helps me and means they will tend to leave me alone. I'm just not for giving them welfare mostly because from what I've seen that does nothing to improve their welfare.

So accusing me of hating poor people is wrong I hate spammers. I also happen to have no desire to communicate with people I don't already know. This makes it easy for me to implement aggressive filtering.