[PLUG] Mandrake + Win2K + VPN = need help

Michael Luevane mikel at quantecllc.com
Wed Nov 20 01:09:59 UTC 2002

Hello, pluggers!

First off, I was impressed with the turnout at the clinic. That was ver'
kewl to see that kind of response.

That said, I need help, dagnabbit!

I'm trying to set up VPN on our network. I've got Mandrake 9.0 for the
server and Win2k clients. I've also got FreeS/Wan on the server, and IPSEC
looks like it's up and running - ipsec verify returns everything hunky.

I have a Hawking firewall and it (supposedly) passes VPN traffic just fine.
I had VPN installed on our last server (NT4) and VPN worked just fine.

When I try to VPN locally from my machine, I get no answer (error 678).

Any tips/tricks/pointers/help on getting Win2k clients to VPN into a Linux
server?

Thanks in advance,

| Michael Luevane       | 503.228.2992              |
| Network Administrator | mikel at quanteclc.com       |
| Quantec, LLC          | http://www.quantecllc.com |