[PLUG] Maple 8 on Linux ?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 21 19:25:31 UTC 2002

On 21 Nov 2002, AthlonRob wrote:

> I haevn't gotten in to TeX yet, nor gnuplot... does gnuplot let you
> graph more complex things?  More than just F(x)=... type stuff, that is.

  For scientific plotting there's Gri. Dan wrote it because he wasn't aware
of gnuplot and his plotting language is (IMO, of course) _much_ better than
gnuplot. See: <http://gri.sourceforge.net/gridoc/html/>.

> I had five professors from calc 1 to diffeq (dropped diffeq the first time
> I attempted it because I couldn't understand a word the professor was
> saying)

  My son started Ball State U. (Fruit Jar Tech) as a statistics major. All
the math faculty were from China and India and weren't required to be fluent
in English. He dropped that major after one year. He ended up with a degree
in CS/Math and got jobs in the insurance industry writing code in COBOL.