[PLUG] Will Linux survive if Windoze is FREE ?

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Thu Nov 21 21:00:31 UTC 2002

It doesn't really matter to me.  I've never bought a version of Windows
I've used.  It's not so much the cost though, it's the frustration.  I'd
MUCH rather have an OS that I can change the network settings on WITHOUT
having to reboot, or install an application, or restart the windowing
system without bringing down the box, or run cron jobs, or make my
desktop a professional-level web/mail/ftp server with a single command,
or, or, or, or, or...

I don't think Windows being 'FREE' (as in beer) will matter much to
those who know that Linux is the superior product, free or no.

-R

--
s u n  m i c r o s y s t e m s

   ~ Richard Langis Jr. ~