[PLUG] Mailing list software for Linux?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Nov 21 21:22:34 UTC 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Alex Daniloff wrote:

> Hello Linux folkz,
> Could somebody please recommend any good mailing list
> software for Linux which is not hard to setup.
> Basically I need to setup a close group mailing list.
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or info.

I like minorfish (formerly minordomo).  I tried mailman but it seemed to
require a webserver running in the system it was installed on.  Minorfish
goes in pretty easily and the config files have pretty good comments.
   About scalability I don't know.  I running pretty low volume, low user
count lists.

Rod