[PLUG] Will Linux survive if Windoze is FREE ?

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Thu Nov 21 22:03:50 UTC 2002

Yea hows Microsoft supposed to support all of its other losing ventures
and other free software givaways without Office and Windows covering
those loses? As a paying customer of Linux distos I wouldn't be
switching over to Windows even if it was free. I don't want to go back
to the frustration of Windows if I can help it.

With that said though I still am forced to keep a Windows 98 box around
for myself to handle Word documents I get from other people. Sure I use
OpenOffice under Linux but I've found that I would have looked pretty
foolish sending out a Word doc from OO without checking how it looks
under MS Word.

Most of the time my OO documents look fine but every once in a while
something is amiss and I have had to fix the document formatting in
Word before sending the document off. I don't know it's something I'm
doing with OO or if there are some minor incompatibilities with OO's
handling of Word documents.

Tony