[PLUG] hiring full-time: PHP programmer

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Fri Nov 22 00:40:58 UTC 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 15:58, Preston Crawford wrote:
> I think most of PLUGers have given a thought or two to
>
> > the larger issues, and really don't need to be yelled at and talked down
> > to.
>
> When Freedom and the Constitution in this country are being shredded at
> record pace by politicians and corporate thugs it's sometimes hard to stay
> silent. Especially since silence=agreement with the status quo.

Agreed. I'd like to draw a distinction between talking about these things, and
a person feeling like they possess The Truth, and Must Educate The Ignorant
Masses, and turning every little thing into a diatribe. There's quite a gap
between the two.

Something to consider- how does ranting on PLUG help anything? Except sharing
misery with friends, perhaps. :)   Again, I'm not in favor of getting all
restrictive over keeping on topic. Me, I think it's better to not waste my
energy pissing and moaning on PLUG and Slashdot and such about the state of
the world, and to put those energies to work where they have a chance to do
some good. Just because I don't talk about my various activisms here, for
example, doesn't mean I'm sitting on my fat happy ass doing nothing.

--
Carla Schroder