[PLUG] Upgrade doesn't touch /home, eh?

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Sat Nov 23 19:42:30 UTC 2002

Do you have a backup of your home directories so you have a version of
your .emacs file you could restore? I take a paranoid approach and
always backup /home before doing an upgrade just in case something goes
wrong. That way I haven't put myself into a totally helpless situation
since I'll be able to restore /home from a backup.

I've actually never needed the backup as I've not had an upgrade fail on
me yet (knocking on my wooden desk very hard as I write this). :-)

Tony