[PLUG] BRU backup with CRU crash recovery

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at dOink.COM
Mon Nov 25 01:01:14 UTC 2002

	CRU is easy to set up.  I'd get on it.  :-)

	I'm using BRU > 17.0.

	What email address do you use for support?

	Thanks...

On 24 November 2002 at 8:38, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

  I keep intending to set up CRU but have never gotten around to it. Sigh. I
_really_ should, I know. Anyway, ...

  What version of BRU are you using? They (now The Tolis Group) dropped the
-Z compression option from release 17.x Something about it being built in or
automatically detected; I forget the exact reason. Anyway, I modified incbru
and it's been chugging along just fine so it must work.

  I don't have the fastest tape drive available, only 3-4M per minute, but
it was the fastest I could afford. Besides, there's not that much data (only
about 16G). I don't know whether or not it's compressed because the logs
don't show it one way or the other and the backups are every night on a 60G
tape.

  FWIW, I've had excellent support (e-mail and phone) from the guys there on
the few occasions I've needed it.