[PLUG] BRU backup with CRU crash recovery

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Nov 25 21:18:02 UTC 2002

Russell> Just for reference, I just recently bought a Seagate
Russell> "Scorpion" DDS3 12/24gig tape drive for about $230.  Needs
Russell> SCSI of course.  Tapes were about $6 each.

Kevin> Boy those have come down in price a lot since I paid 3x that
Kevin> for DDS1.  Is your unit internal?  I imagine so.

Yes, it is internal.  We got it as a backup to an external (a 624000N)
that was starting to act flaky.  The internal mechanism is identical.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more