[PLUG] personal GNU/Linux anniversary

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Nov 25 21:48:45 UTC 2002

As I mentioned in another thread, I was doing some office archeology
recently.  In addition to other things, I came across one of my
notebooks for 1992-1993.  In it, as part of an entry on November 17th,
1992, I found the following:

 Marcus came by a little later and we installed an operating system
 called Linux on a partition on Sharon's machine.  Was at the office
 until 6 a.m.!  Ouch.

We were installing a thing called SLS, for "SoftLanding System", I
think.  Basically, a bunch of floppy images that we sucked down on a
14.4k modem.

So, just a week late, here is to 10 years of liberation and freedom
with GNU/Linux!

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more