[PLUG] Please, it's not GNU/Linux

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Nov 26 05:29:23 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

Randal> Out of respect for the work that Linus has created, I ask that
Randal> we not cow-tow to RMS.

Randal> It's fine to say GCC and GNU Emacs.  But Linux is Linux.  The
Randal> GNU project had nothing to do with it, [...]

Uh, what is the "it" you are refering to?

I've always thought people should call it (BWIM: the conglomeration)
what they want to call it.  Saying that it is only proper to call it
"Linux" is just as bad as saying that it is only proper to call it
"GNU/Linux".

Besides, there more of us than Linus has bullets.  He can only shoot a
few of us!  ;-)

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more