[PLUG] Plugger and spaces (%20) in URL attached documents

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Tue Nov 26 20:39:43 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 09:35, Matt Alexander wrote:
> I'm using Mozilla 1.1, Plugger, and the Outlook Web Access for my Linux
> users to connect to an Exchange server.  I've modified /etc/pluggerrc to
> use OpenOffice for opening MS Excel documents.  File attachments show up
> as links.  If the attachment has spaces in the name, then I get errors
> when clicking the link.
>
> The OpenOffice splash screen pops up and then a dialog box says:
>
> Error loading document file:///tmp/plugtmp/PHONE%20DIRECTORY-%20March.xls:
> /tmp/plugtmp/PHONE DIRECTORY- March.xls does not exist.
>
> /tmp/plugtmp has this file:
>
> PHONE%20DIRECTORY-%20March.xls
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle spaces in URL
> attachments with Plugger and/or OpenOffice?

Perhaps you should "apt-get source plugger" and fix it?  I bet it's a
simple fix.

If the file is not found under the first name it tries, the one with the
URL escaping, then run the URL unescape function on it, and try again.
Any moderately competent C programmer should have no trouble getting it
to work in an hour or so.  Don't forget to submit your patch upstream
accompanied by a "ChangeLog" entry paste-in.  (Don't send a patch to
ChangeLog; send a paste-in for it.)