[PLUG] Accessing Web sites

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Wed Nov 27 04:56:03 UTC 2002

Jim Woodruff wrote:
> Is it just me or have other Linux users found Web sites
> that refuse connections with Linux machines?  I'm finding
> several sites (soundblaster.com, toshiba.com, clausing.com)
> that either refuse to connect or time out when accessing
> from my Linux box, while my wife's Window's ME box connects
> without delay.
>
> I'm running Debian with mozilla-browser 1.1-1. My wife also
> uses Mozilla 1.1.

Those three work for me using mozilla 1.0.1.  I've seen/heard of sites that
refuse to work with mozilla, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Occasionally, when mozilla starts acting weird, I run `ps fax` and will
often notice dozens of zombies spawned from mother mozilla.  Closing the app
will zambonie the zombies.  Then launch mozilla again...all is well.

--
Kyle Accardi