[PLUG] ppp

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Wed Nov 27 22:17:20 UTC 2002

Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Marvin J. Kosmal <lamsokvr at xprt.net> [2002-11-27 13:14]:
>

>>Hi People.
>>

>>Having a ppp conection problem..
>>
>>I just got voice mail...
>>
>>and when I have -voice mail- I can't connect.
>>
>>If I get my voice mail..then I connect just fine...
>

> This is probably a function of your modem. It doesn't hear the dial tone, and fails.
>
> You'll have to turn off the wait for dialtone feature of your modem. Most likely, this is at&m# where # is a number between 0 and 9. It's been a while, so I may be wrong as far as the at code...

Are you saying that when you have voice mail, and pick up the phone to make
a call, you hear a "da da da da" before you get a dialtone?

Russ's answer might work, but I'm not sure if the central office is would
notice the modem's dialing tones before it has presented you with a real
dialtone.  Maybe put a delay in your dialing prefix string that is longer
than the notification tones (da da).  You should be able to use a few commas
each of which IIRC represents 3 seconds.

--
Kyle Accardi