[PLUG] OpenOffice will not load

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 27 23:17:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> ...  have you tried running "sh -xv soffice" to see if there's
> any thing funny going on.

Tony,

  The script ran quickly along until this line:

+ exec /usr1/open-office/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/soffice.bin '' '' '' ''

  Then the splash screen came up, the outer window opened and the message
box appeared. When I clicked "OK", the window closed and the script showed:

Aborted

  So, I see nothing that tells me what the problem might be. This is very
strange, but ... perhaps it's time for a re-installation of OO.

Thanks,