[PLUG] Mozilla 1.2 on RedHat 8

Scott VanHoosen octopus024 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 03:33:07 UTC 2002

After installing Mozilla 1.2 on my RedHat 7.1 workstation at work,
someone mentioned installing it on RedHat 8 with "Xft." I didn't know
what that was, but I just installed it on my home workstation, which is
RedHat 8, and it is cool! It's really nice fonts now.

Anyway, bravo to Mozilla for making a great-looking browser, and to
RedHat for making a more more appealing desktop (Bluecurve). I just
started using Linux a year ago, but jumped in with both feet, using it
exclusively at home and at work. I quickly fell in love with it, but
felt the general "ugliness" of the desktop and browser was a drawback.
Improvements like this I think are another step toward Linux on the
mainstream desktop.

-Scott

=====
     o                            http://vanhoosen.net
        ..                       octopus024 at yahoo.com
     ([:}p                         Come dive with me!