[PLUG] Identifying installed video board

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 30 01:30:05 UTC 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Nicholas Knight wrote:

> How low-end?

  4-8M vram; 2D only.

> There's older ATi Xpert and Radeon cards out there in the $30-40 range, but
> they'd be of questionable performance for 3D loads.

  Good enough for us. We don't play games, movies, or audio on the
computers; that's what the TV/VCR and stereo are for. Games can be played
anywhere.

> You could also say to heck with AGP and talk somebody out of an old PCI video
> card if you're just looking for 2D work, I'm sure there's plenty of people
> out there with more of the things than they know what to do with.

  Less than $50 is perfectly acceptable. As long as it works with
XFree86-4.2.0 and higher, I couldn't care less about the brand or model.

Thanks,