[PLUG] More on UT 2003

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 06:51:52 UTC 2002

The downloadable demo is about 100 MB, and runs decently on my Athlon
1.2 Ghz with a cheapo Nvidia GF2MX video card after you turn down
some of the special effects in the game. A nice feature of the demo
is that you can play online.

As a side note, has anybody on the list managed to get some decent
OpenGL running on dual monitors at the same time using separate video
cards?

Sean Harbour

--- Alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:

> The discs are mislabeled in the installer. disc 1 is actually the
> "play
> disc". Disc 2 is actually disc 1. Disc 3 is actually disc 2.  The
> installer for Linux is on the last disc. (Marked disc 3, but the
> installer calls it disc 2.)
>
> The controls are not what I am used to. It is going to take some
> time.
> High resolutions are not always the best as the deatil can
> overwhelm
> your targets.
>
> You will probably need an nVidia AGP card as well as the closed
> source
> nVidia drivers to play the game.  (Along with a big beefy machine.)
>
> So far, I can play the game with full detail cranked up and it
> works
> fine.  But I am using a dual Athalon 2100+ MP system with 512M and
> an
> nVidia card with 64 megs of ram. Your millage may vary.
>

> --
> Alan <alan at clueserver.org>

=====

Sean, Sharon & Kyle Harbour