[PLUG] Linux vs. Windows: The rematch

stuart mathews smathews at pcez.com
Thu Oct 3 05:26:26 UTC 2002

My two Linux boxes beat me up from time to time as well.  But I also use new
whiz-bang PCs running XP at work and at home, and I still get the same old crummy
problems I had  w/Windows 95a and NT.  Linux vs Windows, from from a pure desktop
user point of view? It's like having to chose between cream and suppositories.

But at least Linux is fun to tinker around with, turns an old PC into a nice
workstation, has compilers and such, etc., whereas Windoze is just a pain in
the ass and requires more and more money with every application you want.